Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Month 2 of Super Nova Swap

Here is my Month Two of the Super Nova Block Swap. I am really enjoying the swap. It is a challenge to get the color combinations to something I really like. Not that I haven't already chosen my fabrics it is the combination of six fabrics from the collection of fabrics so that I can get each block to look different enough. I think I am just being too fussy. All the combinations I choose look good but I feel it is getting too green when the plan was to do turquoise. I just need to limit the greens (one of my favorite colors) in each block and increase the blues/turquoise. This months block definitely reflects the turquoise.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to get this block in the mail. This month has been really bad for quilting so my blocks are still in pieces. I'm hoping I can get them in the mail on Saturday. I'm having the same trouble with the fabrics being too green. The turquoise in the thumbnails for this fabric really popped, but somehow it gets lost in the fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then let's agree to make the best blocks we can with the fabrics we have and not stress about staying turquoise. There really are a lot of great greens in this group of fabrics and they deserve to be showcased as well.

      Delete
  2. Love this block design... And the fabrics you chose are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna. Your Love to Quilt wallhanging is hanging right inside my quilting studio and getting many comments from folks as they drop off quilts to be quilted.i share the link to the craftsy pattern page where it is listed so hopefully they are following through and buying it.
      Hope all is going well for you and you are enjoying the summer.

      Delete