Thursday, December 25, 2014

Blog sharing

Well, it has been some time since I posted here. Fall is a very busy time for me. Quilts poured in to be quilted for Christmas. I had to do some careful planning as we were away a lot of the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas. I had to keep a tight schedule to get everything done. Of course that means that some of my personal projects got pushed back to the new year.
I have set some goals for myself for the new year. I prefer goals to resolutions as I never seem to keep up with resolutions. I will be more active in my blog is at the top of my list. I am working with some other bloggers to share their blogs with you. All other quilters who will hopefully inspire you as much as they do me.
Today I would like you to meet Peta of The not so guilty quilter
Here is her interview:

How did you come to be a quilter?
It's hard to say: I have memories of sewing and quilting that go back to 3rd grade in the 1970s. I got back to quilting during my first pregnancy (97) but became more active about 10 years ago.

What is it that you love about being a quilter?
The joy of self expression, creating beauty, and the accomplishment of a project that turns out close to what I envisioned in my mind. Perhaps more importantly, the connection I have with other quilters.
What are you most proud of from your quilting experience?

What’s the one piece of advice about quilting that all new quilters should know?
No one knows how to do everything. It's a learning process, and the joy is in growing. Even bad projects help a quilter develop. Be fearless, you can do more than you ever imagined.

Who’s the quilter(s) that inspire you at the moment?
Karen McTavish, Robbi Joy Eklow, Angela Walters and every one of my fellow Chicago Modern Quilt Guild sisters.

What quilting challenges would you like to conquer in the next 12 months.
Entering a juried quilt show/competition.
Be published in a major quilting publication.
If you weren’t a quilter, what other creative endeavour would you like to master?
I've ways been curious about glass blowing: I think it's the colors.

What is your favourite kind of pie?
Apple, hot. With a side of vanilla ice cream,cold.

What holidays, traditions or religious occasions do you celebrate in your family at this time of year?
We celebrate the Jewish holiday Hanukkah ( or Chanukah) which is an 8 day event. It is a minor holiday with regard to religious significance, but falls during the Christmas season. With all the fan fare and hoopla, we sometimes feel a little left out, and definitely different from the crowd. So, this year I curated a Hanukkah post for SewMamaSew’s Handmade Holiday series. I think it was really appreciated, and the feedback was wonderful. I'm working on finishing up a really great table runner I designed. I love it.

Do you listen to music, watch television or prefer the hum of the sewing machine when you sew?
Movies, or music. My tastes vary from popular hits to reggae, the Grateful Dead and tacky 80s pop.

What’s your favourite colour combination to work with and why?
I try to stay away from favorites, actively go the OTHER way. I made a black-white-red project as a gift, colors I'd never personally use, but it turned out to be simply stunning; that really changed the way I approach colors. Now, I try to play with contrast, high vs. low volume, combinations that create “pop” or calming harmony. Otherwise, all my projects would be purple!

Do you prewash your quilting fabrics?
No. I'm pretty lazy. It bites me in the ass from time to time.

What are you hoping the festive season will bring for you?
Peace, and a ProStitcher.

I hope you enjoyed the interview and will take some time to check out Peta's blog as well as her
Instagram : Petaquilts
Facebook : Peta Minerof-Bartos
Pinterest: Peta Minerof-Bartos
Flicker: Peta Mineroff-Bartos

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment